Tuesday 8 January 2008

An Ode to Specificity

As many of our wizened instructors and others have taught us over the years; details are what we call 'tools' in writing



So I was just thinking about this thing that happened pretty recently and thought, you know, I could tell you about it. I am not sure if this is actually something you may want to hear about but, the point is that you won’t believe what happened. Anyways, I was at this place (you know, the one with the thing?) and all of a sudden this person comes up to me and starts talking about this stuff that happened a while ago. To be honest it was kind of weird and it was all a little vague, but I think he was talking about the time that thing happened to the people down south a little ways. It was something about these chicks at a school who did some stuff to a guy and then something happened at a time a little later on and now nobody wants to talk about it. The point here is that some group of people ended up getting a little drastic and then there were some big changes in the way we do things and those chicks ended up getting sent away. So the person that’s talking to me about this smelt like something I knew that I know and I remembered that time that we did the thing together, which is an absolutely ridiculous connection to make, but we were at the same place that those chicks were and so technically, we are intricately connected to those events.

Crazy, eh?

1 comment:

  1. YES!

    I knew you'd do it! I'm going to spread the word!!!

    :-)

    ReplyDelete