Tuesday 8 January 2008

Dear Finger

Dear Finger;

It is now obvious that for the past several weeks we have had somewhat of a compromised relationship. Although you must be aware that I respect your demands for space and private time, I would appreciate your cooperation in the immediate future. Understandably, after suffering such a personal injury, you can not be held accountable for your incredible touchiness and sore disposition, but it was the incredible numbness and your retreat from my life that hurt me deeply. The way in which you suddenly "broke it off" from me, even if for as short a time as it may have been, left me so dazed and disoriented that, without you, I found myself near incapable of such simple tasks as tying my shoes. In complete honesty; I was wounded.

Now, the time in which I implore your return to my life has arrived; I have missed you sorely. Investigative attempts from friends "behind the screens" have informed me of your moves to put yourself back together and I would like you and your many talents to be back in my hands as soon as possible. I am willing to put everything at my disposal into supporting you during this period of healing. As much pain and discomfort as you may have caused me during this short foray of yours into self inflicted personal bindings and away from our adventures together, I understand that I must continue to treat you gently in hopes of your full return to stability. I promise to treat you cautiously even though you have been keeping yourself isolated from the world in such an impenetrable casing.

I know that with patience you will be on hand again, but I do not know how much longer I can care for myself as your sudden departure left me quite debilitated.

Please, piece yourself together again.


Thanks,
Tanysia

No comments:

Post a Comment